Do people read me?

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ghazal

When i was at Interlochen i took a few creative writing classes my senior year. one of the projects we did were creating Ghazals. Ghazals are a type of poetry in couplets that don't necessarily have physical relation with the imagine created, but more emotional that much harder to explain with words. My understanding of Ghazals are they compare emotions of the images, not the images themselves. I thought i'd share one of the Ghazals i wrote in that class with you. its not as abstract as some of them, but i still like it. see if the emotion you feel after reading it can be associated with spirituality... I don't know, might be kind of fun. :) 

What if we tired everything we owned to our backs?
Let the rain cleanse us from our plastic selves. 

We are slaves to our own layers.
I own 20 raincoats.

Mellon farmers have the hearts of a warrior.
Mellon man lies drunk in a ditch. 

I want to drive through a row of velvet covered Elvis paintings.
Dream birds are just double martinis.

Get off the road, and into the world that heals you.
The lunch-meat never tasted so fresh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment