Do people read me?

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The end... but not really.



So as a wrap up to my digital photography series- its being shown to the public tomorrow afternoon from 3-6pm- I would like to close this story with a few reflections.

First of all, I feel as though exploring and reflecting about how to establish myself as an artist on the internet has been quite the ride. I was very afraid of it just 10 weeks ago, and as I've learned and read about other artists and how new media and technology has developed within our society its not as scary and with out a doubt I will be using the internet to promote my work more.
Also, learning about Etsy was another exciting aspect for me. I think posting work on that sight, as well as creating a community of buyers and artists through that sight has a lot of potential for me. I'm excited to pursue Etsy further. :)

As for my Digital Photography project I will end you with a Haiku that will represent my work for the screening that goes something like this...

Sheer Fabric Flows on
Energy moves within us
like a tree grows tall


Hope to see you all there! (at lawrence University in Appleton WI. - Warch Campus Center Cinema. ;)

p.s- THERES SLUSHIES!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Well I have to say I am glad you got over your fear of the Internet. As an artist in the 21st century, everyone is using the Inernet to promote thir work. Some of the work is pure garbage, others are actually insightful. You just have to go along for the ride. I'm glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your prints turned out to be amazingly visually stunning. Especially those large prints really accentuated the color and contrast of the content. I enjoyed the visual feast you provided with your art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The final portfolio of large color prints was strong and cohesive--but the prints could have been more consistent in their execution. Some were slightly muddy while others had blown out whites in the snowy foreground. This takes printing and reprinting (just like in the darkroom!) Shooting even more images may have also strengthened your series giving you more options, more experiments to select form. Alas, the snow will melt soon and the marshmallow white of winter will seem like a dream. We would like to see a link to your Etsy site on your final post so those interested can check it out. Perhaps you are feeling more comfortable about representing yourself mindfully on the Internet as an artist focusing on her work rather than the sort of overly personal confessional type information so many users post on Facebook or Myspace!

    ReplyDelete